Tuesday, September 9, 2008

correspondence

Japanese phrase of the day: Otsukaresama desu/deshita
Every work email begins with this and it means “you must be tired” or something like that. You greet and goodbye people with it, I think. Still working on when it's appropriate, but my co-worker Kiyo's been eating it up so far.

Been missin' the fam a bit. I like talking to them and I can't really, so I just have to save up everything I want to say and either can it into emails, condense it into phone conversations or preserve it til Christmas.

Spoke to Laura on the phone (finally) with the remaining few minutes on my phone card. It was so nice to talk to her since I had kind of a bummer day (Tuesdays are functionally my Mondays, after all). And of course there were stories to tell—one free Red Sox ticket, two naked neighbors, and three friends in Bostontown.

We all knew this would happen, but just in case you had any doubts, she's also kicking the ass of every classically-trained, music-reading, song-writing, fame-chasing, guitar-picking, musician-dating, piano-pounding singer in that place.



No comments: