Wednesday, September 10, 2008

good good good good day

Today was a really good day. I don't have a lesson until 4 on Wednesdays, so the day starts off pretty chill (I get made fun of quite often for using that word over here). I think a major highlight was having a student do a complete 180. My first lesson with her, she kept her cell phone out and kept checking it and being very obviously unhappy. And tonight we were talking and laughing and having fun with the other student in the class. Even better, they both came back to the school after leaving for the night to tell me they wanted to throw me a welcome party, which is such a really genuinely kind thing. I don't think I could have dreamt up a better turnaround. Today I also got to hear Paul fake an American accent again, which is always a treat. Good good good good day.


Here's the lobby of my school in Kasugabaru and my humble classroom (I effed up the rotating so just turn your head or something):



No comments: